Cauliflower Mash & Ground Turkey
I have tried using cauliflower before and it just wasn’t what I expected. I found out with this meal though if you want the consistency if “mash”, it really requires a blender of some sort…I don’t care how much “elbow grease” others may say you need to put into it, I think at some point using modern technology is worth it.
We used one yellow and one white cauliflower head, unknowingly making a mashed potato color mash.
I also found out that ground turkey goes very well with this since the saltiness helps balance the flavor a lot.
Here’s the steps:
(only focusing on the mash because the turkey is simply adding the ingredients together in a pan and frying up)
1. Chop the heads in florets.
2. Add the florets to a deep pot with about an inch of water and a steaming apparatus.
3. Steam until the florets are easily pierced with a fork.
4. Strain the florets and add them to a blender of some sort with butter (I used 3/4 a stick), milk/water (I used almond milk), salt, pepper, minced garlic and rosemary.
5. Blend, blend, blend. Repeat, adding ingredients little by little until you have a desired consistency.